COVID-19 has evolved into a worldwide health and economic crisis, triggering insurance claims and coverage disputes at unprecedented rates. This pandemic demands businesses, insurance companies, and their legal counsel consider alternative dispute resolution (ADR) — especially virtual solutions — to address and resolve insurance disputes.
On Thursday, May 7, ALI CLE is offering a webcast/telephone seminar to address:
- The latest on COVID-19 insurance claims and litigation filed to-date
- Moving beyond the business interruption coverage buzz: Analyzing other insurance claims being made and potential issues
- COVID-19 coverage issues and defenses under business interruption, civil authority, extra expense, and other coverages
- What successful online mediations look like: a detailed walk-through of the dynamics of successful online coverage mediations and arbitrations
- Advantages and limitations of online platforms
The program features Laura A. Foggan of Crowell & Moring and Lorelie S. Masters of Hunton Andrews Kurth, who served as Liaison and Adviser, respectively, to ALI’s Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance; as well as Paul J. Van Osselaer of Van Osselaer Dispute Resolution and Peter H. Woodin of JAMS.